Every activity in HackShop has a corresponding assignment on Google Classroom. Make sure you turn in all of the work you’ve done this year to get credit on the HackShop Scoreboard.
- Level 1 Join the Hacker Community
- Level 2 Intro to Software with Mozilla
- Level 3 Intro to Hardware with MaKey MaKey
- Level 4 Intro to Software with Scratch
- Level 5 DIY Hardware with Arduino
- Level 6 App Design with MIT App Inventor
- Level 7 Web Development with Mozilla
Level 1: Join the Hacker Community
Learn to be a responsible, white hat hacker and respect your peers.
- Black Hats vs. White Hats – N00B Challenge 1.1 [20pts]
- What’s Your Hack? – N00B Challenge 1.2 [10pts]
- Goal Setting: What’s Your Awesome? – N00B Challenge 1.3 [10pts]
- Defining Problems and Solutions – N00B Challenge 1.4 [50pts]
- Arduino: Open Source Hardware – N00B Challenge 1.5 [20pts]
- Civic Hacking – N00B Challenge 1.6 [20pts]
Level 2: Intro to Software with Mozilla
Learn the basics of web logic, design and development (html & css) with Mozilla tools.
- X-Ray Goggles – N00B Challenge 2.1 [20pts]
- Hack the News – N00B Challenge 2.2 [20pts]
- Would You Rather? – N00B Challenge 2.3 [40pts]
- Pop Quiz, Hot Shot! – N00B Challenge 2.4 [40pts]
- Going from Mobile to Desktop – PR0 Challenge 2.5 [80pts]
Level 3: Intro to Hardware with MaKey MaKey
Unleash the power of your creative potential to design software-responsive hardware with the MaKey MaKey
- Plug In the MaKey MaKey – N00B Challenge 3.1 [20pts]
- Extend the MaKey MaKey – N00B Challenge 3.2 [40pts]
- Design a Custom Controller – PR0 Challenge 3.3 [80pts]
Level 4: Intro to Software with Scratch
Scratch makes writing code a little like putting together legos. Build games and animations in no time.
- Scratch Tutorial – PR0 Challenge 4.1 [20pts]
- Design a Holiday Card – PR0 Challenge 4.2 [160pts]
- Remix a Starter Project – PR0 Challenge 4.3 [100pts]
- Scratch Clock Simulation – H@KR Challenge 4.4 [100pts]
Level 5: DIY Hardware with Arduino
The Arduino is everyone’s favorite Do-It-Yourself (DIY) prototyping electronics board.
- Hack the Chromebook – PR0 Challenge 5.1 [30pts]
- Getting to know Ubuntu – PR0 Challenge 5.2 [20pts]
- Open Arduino IDE, Connect, Blink – PR0 Challenge 5.3 [30pts]
- Using GitHub to Manage Software – PR0 Challenge 5.4 [30pts]
- Connect an LED and Make it Blink – PR0 Challenge 5.5 [20pts]
- Connect 3 LEDs and Blink Them in Sequence – PR0 Challenge 5.6 [30pts]
- Connect an LCD Display – H@KR Challenge 5.7 [60pts]
Level 6: App Design with MIT App Inventor
App Inventor brings the power of Scratch to your Android device. Build a mobile app today.
- Create Your First App – PR0 Challenge 6.1 [80pts]
- Build a Simple Game App – PR0 Challenge 6.2 [160pts]